About Procurement and Storage of Teas
Our Procurement and Packaging methods adhere to the international foods safety Standards. We source and offer teas in a sensible and trustworthy manner.
Teas are subtle and delicate, specially the herbal teas which have the tendency to attract insects and microorganisms. It is strongly recommended to store teas away from direct sunlight and avoid storing in places with soaring temperatures with high humidity levels.
The acute attention is given on hygiene and safety standards.
Tea is generally divided into categories based on how it is processed.
At least six different types are produced:
- White: wilted and unoxidized.
- Yellow: unwilted and unoxidized but allowed to yellow.
- Green: unwilted and unoxidized.
- Oolong: wilted, bruised, and partially oxidized.
- Black: wilted, sometimes crushed, and fully oxidized.
- Post-fermented: green tea that has been allowed to ferment/compost.
The most common are white, green, oolong, and black.
In tea manufacture, the leaf goes through some or all of the stages of withering, rolling, fermentation, and drying.
The process has a two fold purpose:
- To dry the leaf and
- To allow the chemical constituents of the leaf to produce the quality peculiar to each type of tea.
Our Tea tasters being in the business since more than 2 decades have thorough knowledge and acute understanding on procurement and quality of different varieties of Teas.
The Selection is done on basis of its leaf, The appearance, the color, the taste of Infusion, and aroma of Vapor.
Preventive measures for the long life of the product & To prevent the attack of microorganisms, insects, etc.
- The product must not be exposed to the outside environment, it requires storage with controlled temperature and humidity levels.
- Avoid storing the product in places with high temperatures.
- Do Not expose the product to air and direct sunlight.
- The recommended humidity should be less than 60 at the storage location.
- The use of dehumidifiers is recommended to control humidity in the warehouse.
- Store the product in a dry and cool place. Store in a clean place which meets the hygienic standards and is suitable for storing such Infusions.